leaving a bunker, players should carefully fill and
smooth over all holes and footprints made by him, and then leave the
rake with the handle pointing toward the tee of the hole being
1. Always enter the bunker at the lowest point.
2. Pull the rake toward you as you exit the bunker.
3. If required, rake other affected areas.
4. Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker. Push back excess sand with reverse side of rake.
Always leave the rake in the flat of the bunker with the handle pointing towards the tee of the hole being played and parallel to the line of flight of the ball. Rakes should be placed as far from the edge as possible.
1. Always start at the back of the mark
and push forward with the repairer.
2. Use the repairer around all sides and slowly ease the turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
3. Tap down lightly with a putter.
4. Your completed repair should look like this.
any loose turf from the affected area.
2-3. Knock in all of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe.
4. Sand area (be careful not to use too much sand).
Players should ensure that, when putting down bags or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it when handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
Handling the flag
1. Don't drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
2. Always lower the flagstick by using a club or by hand.
3. Avoid damage to the surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
Players must NOT use their putter to remove their golf ball from the hole.
4 x 1.5 hour classes just $129 . Includes all equipment needed or you can alternatively bring your own.
Classes are one & a half hours per week over 4 weeks. Next classes commence the week starting Thursday August 15th. Classes are available Thur 10am - 11:30am, Fri 11am - 12:30pm, Sat 10:30am - 12pm , Sun 9:30am - 11am & Mon 10:30am - 12pm. Phone for more information or to enrol now on 92471733.
For more info and starting times click here